What is an Accredited Course?An accredited course is a course which leads to a national qualification, is accredited with ASQA and meets an industry need that is not currently filled by an existing nationally recognised qualification.
- Like curriculum, providing the qualification or course structure and unit outcomes. An accredited course does not provide content or the assessment tools.
- Listed on training.gov.au but the details of the qualification or course structure and units contained within are not publicly available.
- Only accredited if it can be shown that there is a need for the course to be accredited and there is no existing national recognised qualification
- Made up of existing national units (wherever possible) and enterprise units
- Only accredited if there is a vocational outcome
- Aligned to Australian Qualification Framework levels
- Accredited for 5 years and need to be reaccredited within the 5 year period if training in the qualification is to continue
- Are copyright owned by an individual or organisation, unlike nationally recognised qualifications which are owned by the Commonwealth government
Why use a VET Consultant when accrediting or reaccredited a course?
RTO Consulting will:
- Assist in establishing if an existing course or qualification already exists
- Guide you in the consultation process to ensure that sufficient evidence of industry support and need for the course is provided
- Guide you through the accreditation process, telling you what is required and when
- Take existing training material or work with you to write the accreditation document in the required language and format
- Complete the application and accreditation documents
- Guide you in the process and prepare course accreditation documents for reaccreditation
- Assist in responding to non compliances in unsuccessful accreditation applications